- Pork Butt
- White wine
- Dried chilies (New Mexico and ancho)
- Garlic (couple of cloves)
- Cumin (to your liking)
- Dry Oregano
- Bay leaf (2)
1. Use a skillet to toast dry chilies on both side, and then add boiling water until pepper is soften.
2. Puree the chilies pepper (or finely chopped them), and reserved a cup of water used for soften the dry chilies.
3. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Cut the pork shoulder into 3 to 4 inches cubes, and rub kosher salt over each piece
3. In a dutch oven brown the pork pieces, and set aside for later
4. Use the same dutch oven with some fat rendered from previous browning process to sweat onion, then add pork, chilies puree, garlic, and half cup of white wine. Shimmering for couple of minutes, add cummin, dry oregano, and then water or chicken broth till two third of the meat was merged under the liquid.
5. Cover the dutch oven and put it into oven for 3 hours.
Use Arepas instant flours to make Venezuelan style arepas, 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of warm water not boiled, a pinch of salt.
Preheat oven to 400F, use skillet to lightly brown the outside of the aprepas, and then put into the oven to cook for 15 minutes.